GIS student at Iowa State University

05-27-2021 11:36 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, this is my first post but I have referenced the boards off and on for about two years.

I am studying Data Science with a GIS minor at Iowa State University. I have used ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro during my studies. I have used the arcpy library for a GIS programming & automation class and I just finished a remote sensing class.

This summer I am diving into Utility Network for Telecom as a part of a pilot project for an IT group. We want to map the university's network infrastructure using GIS as a replacement for the CAD line-drawings currently maintained by the facilities team.

Cheers!

1 Reply
LeslieFountain
亚博搜索yabovip28点com

Hello @Anonymous User,

Thanks for joining us in Esri Community and introducing yourself! Based on some of the topics you've been focused on, I would check out theapp亚博 place where they are posting some great content about the intersection of GIS and telecommunications.@JunJie-Maand@PatrickHuls_SpatialNinjahave been contributing to aTelecom in Five Minutesseries.The latest episode is a recap of the seriesthat might be useful to check out!

You may already be familiar with the community from browsing before, but if not, check out the following spaces related to your previous studies:

ArcGIS Utility Network
ArcGIS Online
ArcGIS Pro
arcpy
Imagery and Remote Sensing

If you need any help with navigating the community or want to know about the latest content from around Esri Community, check out our亚搏vip官网手机版page and subscribe toour blog.

Good luck with your pilot project!

Cheers,
Leslie

Edit: I'd recommend checking outEducation Administrationas well.

0Kudos