Summarize Elevation

05-12-2021 11:37 PM
MahendraK
New Contributor II

Dear Team,

I want to collect elevation against list of points via python, I have gone through the given description and Elevation profile add-in code and I am able to collect the elevation of the polyline, but getting difficulties for Points FC.

It will really help me if I will get the sample code of python where I can pass it point feature class or lat-longs and collect the elevation value in individually or in bulk in Arcmap desktop 10.6 and I have to use same logic in Android as well were I can show the elevation of current location.

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/elevation/api-reference/summarize-elevation.htm#GUID-7377687D-2FD...

Thanks you.
Mahendra k

0Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can share the ArcMap (with Spatial Analyst) scenario.

If you have the Elevation Raster and the point layer, you could useExtract Values to Points (Spatial Analyst). A sample python code is also available in the webpage linked above.

Think Location
0Kudos
MahendraK
New Contributor II

I want to use ESRI elevation Service and Raster for this

0Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will need an ArcGIS Organizational account to extract the values from Esri's Elevation service, since Esri's Terrain Image layer is aSubscribercontent.

1. In ArcMap, sign-in to ArcGIS Online using your organizational account.

2. InArcCatalog, GIS Servers > Add ArcGIS Server > Use GIS Services

Server URL:https://elevation.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services

JayantaPoddar_0-1620904978262.png

3. Expand the Server connection, and add theTerrainImage Service to Table of Content of ArcMap. You may need to provide the login credentials again.

JayantaPoddar_1-1620905162002.png

4. You can use this image layerExtract Values to PointsGeoprocessing Tool.

Input

JayantaPoddar_2-1620905471554.png

Output

jayantapoddar_3 - 1620905592889.png

What is subscriber content?

Subscriber content is the collection of ready-to-use map layers, analytic tools, and services published by Esri that requires an ArcGIS Online organizational subscription account to access. This includes layers from Esri such as NAIP imagery, landscape analysis layers, and historical maps. Subscriber content does not consume ArcGIS Online credits.

Think Location
0Kudos
MahendraK
New Contributor II

Appreciate for your valuable support.

I tried with given solution but I am not able to view the terrain map. I have login through myorganization account but there is no credits available.

Thanks

0Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please ensure your organizational account still active (Check expiry Date). It should have credits, if it is an organizational account. Usually, the account gets suspended if the credits get consumed.

I hope you have organizational account, and not Public account.What are the ArcGIS account types and where can I use them?

You may reach out toEsri Technical Supportfor addressing any issue with your ArcGIS Online Organizational Account.

Think Location
0Kudos
MahendraK
New Contributor II

Thanks for your actively support.

Yea, I have Organization account. My point is I want to access the elevation API and get the elevation against each point. Is there any other workaround to get this.

0Kudos