How to capture the coordinates on a map on mouse click.

06-18-2021 08:06 AM
TapasChakrabarty
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an Add-In screen on which I have a Record button. Now my requirement is:

When I click on the record button it will take me to the map and I should be able to capture the values of X/Y coordinates on the mouse left click on the map.

Can anyone help me to achieve this purpose?

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8 SDK, VS2019.

0Kudos
4 Replies
Wolf
by 亚博搜索yabovip28点com
亚博搜索yabovip28点com

You can look at this example:arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/Map-Exploration/MapToolWithOverlayControl at master · Esri/arcgis-p...

this shows the coordinates for a mouse click in an overlay control.

0Kudos
TapasChakrabarty
New Contributor III

同意@Wolf, I have gone through the example but I have doubts about how to call the mouse click from the Add-In page button click.

0Kudos
Wolf
by 亚博搜索yabovip28点com
亚博搜索yabovip28点com

我不确定what you mean, but the way to implement an interactive 'mouse click' on a map view is by implementing an 'ArcGIS Pro Map Tool' in your add-in by using the 'ArcGIS Pro Map Tool' item template:

Wolf_0-1624031758101.png

Once you have implemented this and copied the relevant mouse click code from the community sample i mentioned above, you can use the map tool's button on the ArcGIS Pro ribbon tab. If you want to use that same 'mouse click' tool from anywhere in your code or from a button on a dockpane you can use the Pro Guide for 're-using Pro Commands' to implement this functionality:ProGuide Reusing Pro Commands · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki (github.com)

0Kudos
TapasChakrabarty
New Contributor III

Hi,@WolfMapTool create a seperate Add-In tool. But I don't mean to add another button to my Add-In. Let me explain my requirement point-wise.

1. I have Add-In in which there is an add-in button that opens a page.

2. On that page I have a Record button (c# wpf button).

3. When I click on that Record button, my Add-in page is minimized, and I can click on the map.

Now I want to capture the coordinates on the map where ever I left click.

The example u gave adds an overlay page on the map but the source to open the page is from the add-in where another tool button gets added.

0Kudos