error 999999: error executing function, execution failed

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 05:42 AM
ArminAzad
New Contributor II

error 999999: error executing function
Hi, I am new and try to use ArcGIS tools. When I try to use a tool, say fill tool (a tool which corrects the elevation), the ArcGIS works correctly when I work on a single DEM.tif grid. However, when I use a merged picture, it fails. Can anyone kindly guide me?

0Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

By "Merged Picture", are you referring to a mosiac dataset? Do the Mosaic Dataset display correctly on ArcGIS Pro.

Could you try setting theParallel Processing Factor(Tool Environments) to 0 (zero), and run the tool again?

JayantaPoddar_0-1624550408165.png

Think Location

View solution in original post

ArminAzad
New Contributor II

Hi again Jayanta,

It worked. At first time, I went to "Environments" in the Fill tool window. It did not work. But this time, I went to "Geoprocessing>Environment>Parallel Processing Factor> puting 0"

I really appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

By "Merged Picture", are you referring to a mosiac dataset? Do the Mosaic Dataset display correctly on ArcGIS Pro.

Could you try setting theParallel Processing Factor(Tool Environments) to 0 (zero), and run the tool again?

JayantaPoddar_0-1624550408165.png

Think Location
ArminAzad
New Contributor II

HiJayanta, thank you for your reply. No, settingParallel Processing Factorto zero did not work. I first downloaded four dem files with extension of tif. Then, I merged mosaic files to single file using "Mosaic to Raster New Raster" tool.

I even sent the merged single file to my friend. His ArcGIS could work with that file and do fill tool, but my ArcGIS fails!
Do you have any idea why it happens? I have a project and really need this! Thank you

0Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share screenshot of the error(s) and messages like the filepath of input and output? Avoid using spaces, special characters (except underscore) in filepath, and keep them short, and store them in local drive.

e.g.: C:\Data\Rasters\ElevMos.tif

Think Location
0Kudos
ArminAzad
New Contributor II

Dear Jayanta,

I uploaded what you asked. I really appreciate your help.

Arc.pngArc2.png

0Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what is that "Image Server..." error.

Restart ArcGIS Pro, if not already done.

The length of output filepath looks fine. Could you save the output as a TIFF (DEM2.tif)?

Also put the parallel processing factor as 0 (I know I am being stubborn on this point:neutral_face:).

Think Location
0Kudos
ArminAzad
New Contributor II

It is image server is not supported by the current license.

I did all other tips. They did not work, unfortunately.

0Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just realized that you are working on ArcMap, not ArcGIS Pro.

Please ensure the background processing is turned off as well (Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options).

JayantaPoddar_0-1624647738803.png

I am out of any more ideas. If the issue still persists, maybe log a case withEsri Technical Support.

Think Location
0Kudos
ArminAzad
New Contributor II

Previous pictures seem to have low quality. SO, I am sending new ones.

Arc.pngArc2.png

0Kudos
ArminAzad
New Contributor II

Hi again Jayanta,

It worked. At first time, I went to "Environments" in the Fill tool window. It did not work. But this time, I went to "Geoprocessing>Environment>Parallel Processing Factor> puting 0"

I really appreciate your help.