Maximum Elevation Figure (MEF) Tool in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 10:19 PM
Bentorio
New Contributor III

I've just migrated from ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1 to ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and I've seen that there's is no Maximum Elevation Figure (MEF) Tool in ArcGIS Pro. It's one of very important tools I always use to analyze the safe altitude of airspace. Is there any alternate tool to analyze? This tool is very helpful because it analyzes both obstacle and terrain in one time. Or Is there any plan to develop this tool on ArcGIS Pro?

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

I just found out that this tool will be included in Pro 2.9 within the Topographic Production Toolbox.

If you are interested in testing and using this tool sooner, see the Early Adopter Community page:https://www.esri.com/en-us/early-adopter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Bentorio,

Thanks for this question and feedback! I am not sure of the status of bringing in the Production Mapping, Calculate Max Elevation Figures tool into Pro. I will see what I can find on that and report back here with any info I learn.

0Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

I just found out that this tool will be included in Pro 2.9 within the Topographic Production Toolbox.

If you are interested in testing and using this tool sooner, see the Early Adopter Community page:https://www.esri.com/en-us/early-adopter

Bentorio
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answer.

I've already sign up for early adopter account but I don't know how to get the tool. Could you guide me please?

And another question, When ArcGIS Pro 2.9 is launched, Do I have to buy more extension to use topographic production toolbox? Now I already have these extension:

1. ArcGIS Pro Advanced, ArcGIS 3D Analyst for Pro
  2. ArcGIS Spatial Analyst for Pro
  3. ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Pro
  4. Aviation Charting for Pro
  5. Production Mapping for Pro
  6. ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Pro
  7. ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Pro
0Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Bentorio,

That is a nice set of extensions! The Production Mapping license would support the Calculate Max Elevation Figures tool in Pro as it does in ArcMap.

I heard that this tool was only put into the 2.9 builds late last week and Pro 2.9 is not yet in beta testing for Early Adopters. I think if you are signed up for Early Adopter, and get selected, you will receive an email with the information on how to access and test the software.

0Kudos