Arcgis.learn: how to run detection/Inference?

06-20-2021 03:49 AM
LanNguyen1
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I could train a SSD model, got the emd and dlpk using arcgis.learn. However, it was not clear in the docs how to run Object detection using pre-trained model with arcgis.learn. I don't have Image Analyst extension so I'm looking for a way to run detection without it?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Lan

Figure_2.png

Tags(1)
0Kudos
3 Replies
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lan, there is a predict function in arcgis.learn for SSD, have you tried that? It takes in an image and returns a list of bounding boxes for the detections.

0Kudos
LanNguyen1
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reply! I have not try that predict() and I will try it now.

I'm just stepping into this world and my questions may sounds stupid: slightly_smiling_face:

When I saved a model, I found the ArcGISObjectDetection.py file in the model folder. I have tried to search for it but could not find and docs related to this file, what is it and how to use it. None of the tutorials I crossed mentions this python file. Do you have any idea what is for?

Thanks!

Lan

0Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

I think that file is used by the ArcGIS geoprocessing tools to know how to run the model - kind of like an instruction guide or something? It looks like it sets up what parameters are shown in the tool and also how the outputs are returned.

0Kudos